Support and Service for our umbrellas, awnings, pergolas, motorised blinds and shade sails.
All products sold by The Shading Company (The Shading Umbrella Trading Co LLC) are warranted for minimum one year (or longer if specifically agreed in writing) against manufacturing defect. Our liability is limited to repair or replacement at our discretion.
All GLATZ retailers are covered by a statutory warranty of 24 months from GLATZ AG for the GLATZ products that they sell.
The Warranty covers manufacturing defect in the product.
See Glatz Warranty here
LLAZA WORLD, S.A. guarantees all the article described in this catalogue for a period of two years from the date of their installation or 30 months from the printed manufacturing date. Coated articles have a 3 years warranty against corrosion.
See Llaza Warranty here
Somfy Motors Warranty
Somfy offers end product suppliers a 5 year warranty on all motors and controls. Specifically, Somfy warrants its motors and controls to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper use for a period of 5 years commencing with the date stamped on each product. If the Somfy product fails within this 5 year period, we will repair or replace it free of charge through your end product supplier.
View the Somfy Warranty here
Fim Umbrellas Warranty
FIM s.r.l. warrants to the consumer that this product is free from manufacturerd defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 2 (two) years from the date of purchase, when privately owned and used in compliance with directions as outlined in the manufacturer’s instructions, which includes resonable and necessary maintenance by the consumer.
In case of professional use (bar, restaurant, pub, hotel or other public places or contract use) the warranty is valid for 2 (two) years from the date of purchase/installation of the product.
The product must be assembled/installed following step by step the assembly instructions and has to be used only in secure conditions such as: absence of wind, favourable climatic conditions, absence of rain or atmospheric discharges (lightnings). In case of atmospheric discharges (lightnings) it is advisable to take the umbrella away from it’s support and to store it. Failure to follow the given assembly, maintenance and care instructions and any other use of the product besides hiding from sun is to be considered improper and is made in violation of the contractual norms which regulate the purchase and may invalidate the warranty of the product.
In case of ascertained manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship, FIM S.r.l. agrees to, at their discretion, repair, remedy or replace any defective umbrella or awning part without charge for the period of the warranty.
To be covered under this warranty, claims and repairs must be made exclusively by/to the FIM dealer where the product has been purchased.
As the consumer, you assume all costs incurred in shipping your unit to a repair location specified by FIM S.r.l. The repaired unit/parts will be returned to the consumer freight prepaid.
No responsibility is assumed for incidental or consequential damages. Warranty does not cover any damage due to improper installation, adverse weather conditions, wind, misuse, neglect, lack of reasonable maintenance, or the use of any unauthorized attachments. Any damage caused by external force or factors (e.g. broken or bent umbrella ribs, scratched finish, punctures, abrasions or burn holes in the fabric etc.) is explicitly excluded from warranty coverage. Warranty is void if unit is subjected to unauthorized service by anyone other than a FIM dealer or FIM S.r.l. themselves.
Scolaro Umbrellas Warranty
Scolaro’s products are guaranteed for 2 years:
- structural faults not resulting from improper use or lack maintenance.
- invasive corrosion not produced by scratches or abrasions from use not removable through normal cleaning and maintenance.
The warranty is limited to one year for the opening mechanisms.
To take advantage of the warranty the faulty item must be shown or pictures must be forwarded, together with the invoice or receipt. Scolaro will not be liable for any damage to properties or individuals deriving from an improper use of the product.
The warranty includes the supply of spare parts or the replacement of the product if necessary. The warranty does not include the repair on-site or the refund of costs incurred for non-use of the product.
The new range of acrylic fabrics provide excellent color resistance to UV and a long life.
New range acrylic fabrics: They are guaranteed by Scolaro for a period of five years following a normal exposure to sun, sun’s
action and weathering.
The warranty does not cover damages caused by mechanical actions, malicious acts and acts of God. Therefore tissue damages such as cuts and abrasion, not recorded at the time of delivery or due to misuse, are excluded from warranty.
For more information please require the general warranty conditions.
Llaza Provide a windspeed rating for all their awnings. View the windspeed guide here
Glatz umbrellas UV protection
With the “UV Protection” test label, GLATZ guarantees maximum possible UV protection of more than 98 percent for all sunshade fabric covers in the fabric classes 2, 4 and 5. According to the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency, all fabric covers by GLATZ are rated with an Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of 50+ in line with the Australian standard on the sun protection scale from 15 to 50. This seal is awarded only to products that offer more than the maximum sun protection factor of 50. To learn more on Glatz UV rating Visit the page here
Occassionally some customers report issues with the Canopy on the Sunflex closing automatically when the umbrella is opened. This is normally solved by making sure the umbrella has been opened in the correct direction according to the Winder diagram. First close the umbrella and then open the umbrella according to the direction shown below ( clockwise). Once the umbrella is open, close the the umbrella ( Anti-clockwise). When umbrella is closed, repeat this process 2 more times. This should solve the issue.
Connexoon Mobile Control Configuration
1). Install the Connexxoon mobile control device with power and connect the ethernet cable to your free router port.
2) Download the Mobile App Found here for Playstore and here for IOS
3) Follow the onscreen instructions to pair the mobile app with the Connexxoon Device. This will involve creating an account
4) Once the device is connected go to the menu > configuration > ADD. Select RTS device on the next screen and Select Roller Shutter on the next Screen.
5) Next it will ask you to test the existing shade system. Use the standard rts remote to check the system is working
6)Next it will ask you to press the PROG button on the back of the remote for approx 3 seconds. Once the motor jogs. Click ADD
7)The Shade should now be connected to the mobile app control
Tahoma Switch Mobile Control Configuration
1). Install the Tahoma mobile control device with power. It should be in wifi range of the motor and wifi router.
2) Download the Mobile App Found here for Playstore and here for IOS
3) Follow the onscreen instructions to pair the mobile app with the Tahoma Device. This will involve creating a Somfy account
4) Once the device is connected go to the menu and add equipment. Select the Awning or shade you wish to add.
5) You will need the remote control of the device you with to add.
6) Next it will ask you to press the PROG button on the back of the remote for approx 3 seconds. Once the motor jogs. Click ADD
7) The Shade should now be connected to the mobile app control. Follow on the onscreen instructions if you have any issues.
How to Clean the Awning fabric
How to Clean Umbrella Fabric
• Damp or wet fabrics must never be left rolled up or folded for long periods of time.
• Wherever possible, fallen leaves or insect excrement should be removed immediately. (To avoid the start of micro-bacterial decay).
• Dirt is best removed with a soft, clean and dry brush.
• Stains can be treated with hand-hot water, a soft brush and some detergent. Afterwards, rinse thoroughly with plenty of clean water, then allow to dry and treat with a commercial weather-proofing agent.
• Do not use aggressive detergents (pH 7values and more).
• When opening, closing or adjusting the sunshade, make sure that the material doesn‘t rub against walls or other obstacles, or get caught-up in the frame.
• Make sure that sunshades are closed properly with the single fabric panels folded outwards. Sunshades must not be allowed to flutter in the wind and abrasion damage or holes caused by such are no reason for complaint.
View Glatz Care Sheet